- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED).
- Must be a resident of Nassau or Suffolk County at time of application.
- Must submit to a drug test, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to indenture.
- Must purchase text materials for related instruction classes, as required (average $200 per year).
- Must provide DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if applicable, after selection and prior to indenture.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or Local Union #200 at (631) 567-3083.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.
For more information contact the Training Facility:
Plumbers Local #200 Training Facility
375 central Avenue
Bohemia, NY 11716